Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cows, dinosaurs and other details

This week has lasted forever and yet it's only Tuesday. Today there was a moment that drained all my imagination out of me and I had hard time breathing. I climbed on top of a book shelf to sit and then migrated behind all the desks and eventually left the building. My imagination came back to me after a cup of tea.

The book I was reading fitted the music I was listening and the combo of the two became otherwordly in the light of my desk lamp. A friend asked my new address today. Just yesterday I wrote her a postcard -including the address. I told her, both the address and about the card. 'Great minds think alike' she said. I suggested we're in tune whit each other. She concluded it's all pretty neat. I'm sending the postcard tomorrow I think, hoping to find exciting stamps. (Once there was 3D dinosaur stamps in Cape Town, I got so excited, the lady at the post office even gave those red-and-blue glasses to see them move. I wonder if anyone at the receiving end ever realized the speciality of those stamps.)

There is also a little parcel I should send but I'm still missing parts of it's content (not my fault, stockist's). A parcel in wich I won't be allowed to draw and scribble hearts and unicorns and butterflies and things, I was told so, such a disappointment isn't it -who would not wan't to receive a parcel with unicorns and all? It makes it even harder to resist when you're told not to add any spice to the package.

It's nearly time for the winter break.

P.S. If I'm ever born as a cow, please let me be a happy cow enjoying the outdoors throughout winters too.

No comments: