Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Spanish vices




This city makes you walk, makes you sweat and gives you blisters on the heels. This city also pushes you on the dancefloor and makes you party.

The spaniards only start to get going at 3am. We need to assimilate. But we also need to sleep! My roommate was told that 'babies go to sleep at 11pm' and my own empirical observations prove the point. Little kids still play, run and climb on those jungle gyms after midnight so I guess it's no wonder the partying lasts until (and after) seven in the morning for the grown-ups. It's good fun though, I must say, and it's nearly surprising how long you can go just with the help of peach-juice and sparkling water. (The girls giggle about my zumo de melocotón -fix. I am not too curious to know how much sugar that stuff contains.)

This city makes you shop as well. Uah. Confession time, list your vices, everything on the table now. Yes, I've bought shoes. I dare to say my new zapatos are pretty close to perfect. Love 'em.

Okay now, time to get on the streets and fix some food on the table -the eating hours are yet another thing to assimilate to: grocery stores and kitchens close roughly from 3.30pm until 9pm. Yeaterday we were late so my lunch was replaced with a croissant and a frappucino. Oh and there goes yet another vice on public too: coffeine is indeed part of my days again. It's good down here and I love getting my cafe con leche on my way to work.

Just to smoothen the list of vices, I must say I really love my yoga classes here, too.

:-)

Love and happy thoughts for your Sunday! Let your mind find a balance. (And let me find some food, seriously!)

Hasta luego.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei, nämä kuvat ovat varmaan Sevillasta, ainakin ne vastaavat mielikuvaani millaista siellä on. Ihania hämyisiä kapeita katuja. t äiti

Martta said...

Juu kylla on Sevillasta, itseasiassa viela harvinaisen suoria ja leveita katuja noissa, jalkakaytavatkaan ei mutkittele ja levene ja kapene :-) On taa kylla tosiaan ihana kaupunki!