Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Autumn's sweet. And sour!



It's autumn. A friend asked again what's on my agenda for the day. I keep saying the same thing: berry-picking! Also made a lovely creamy soup of the chanterelles my dad had found.

***
I have said this, too, already but let's repeat: I have a thing for beautifully illustrated books! This one is one of my new loves, a book called La princesa Noche Resplandeciente.
Philip Giordano won the International Award for Illustration at the Bologna Children's Book Fair in 2010 with this work. The story is based on an old Japanese legend. It's such a stunning book! I got my copy from Spain in July and although I sent some other books home after I had finished reading them, this one I carried along for over a month: I didn't want to take the risk of loosing it and somehow I figured out it would propably get less damaged in my dirty backpack than in the mail.

I found online the video below about Mr. Giordano working and well, oh well.. Nothing to add, just admire. 

No comments: