Sunday, August 21, 2011

Capestalgic



I get capestalgic at times. It comes all of a sudden and strong and then fades away again. Distance is already playing tricks with me. The whole thing starts to feel absurd and so much has happened since I got back that I wonder how well I've colored my memories already into something else than what it actually was.

I get surprised and I tell myself: you lived there for three years! How many times have I said that, hundreds maybe, hundreds of times I've repeated it already: I lived in Cape Town for three years. But only now I'm somehow amazed by the fact, only now it's really getting me. I'm stunned. I lived in Cape Town. I truly did. For three full years. Hah hah amazing! Hands up if you have lived in Cape Town! Isn't it fantastic?!

I'm dreming of a re-visit, but currently it seems I'm so busy with other plans and other places that Cape Town will have to wait. Still, I want to call it 'my city'. Because that's how I feel. Cape Town's my city.

Gosh it's beautiful.

Today's pics from a disposable camera. It's the beach-side of the life. Go to Muizies for me, will you, if you're in Cape Town now. Or wait until the next sunny day, that's fine too.

2 comments:

etta said...

vautsi, kapkaupungissa! ihan mieletöntä! tiedän miltä susta tuntuu, sillä mulle tulee välillä sama olo, kun mietin, että hitsit tosiaan asuin chilessä vuoden (ja kohta monta lisää)!

kun on asunut jossain aivan muualla, se on kuin eri maailma, eri todellisuus, ja tuntuu vaikeelta ymmärtää, että saman elämän aikana on asunut kummassakin paikassa. toivottavasti ymmärrät!

kiitos mukavasta kommentistasi! pistäydy toki uusiksi, sillä tipputtelen paljon lisää chilen kuvia jatkossakin. :)

Martta said...

Heippa Etta, taidetaan jakaa samansuuntaisia ajatuksia :-) Sekin tuntuu hullulta, että itselle noi kolme vuotta oli niin iso juttu ja sitten se kaupunki ei edes huomaa, että joku sieltä lähtee ja se rinnakkaistodellisuus siellä vaan jatkuu niinkun normaalisti. Hassua.

Tulen uudestaan, ehdottomasti. Chilen kuvat kiehtoo.