Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Finding your way




I turned 27 in June. People often say I look younger.

There was an incidence last summer around this whole age thing. Couple of ladies started talking to me in a backpackers and I was told how nice it must be to travel like I do, how it's ''so easy when you're young like that'' whereas the one talking was ''nearly thirty'' herself and had ''all the boring stuff waiting at home''. The ladies were somewhat surprised when I told my age then (even if we all agreed that my twentyseven years were not terribly much at all). However, I said life's often about the choices we make, at least so for the priviledged half of the world. I have also done my compromises, so I guess the key is to find a way that suits you, a way that you yourself can live with. It seems that in this time and space, this is an age when you can be whatever you have chosen to be.

I've felt a need for a small retrospective. To stop and look back, also in order to think about the future. Things never turn out exactly how you planned, of course, but reflecting on the past eight years or so also gave my present a context. I'm feeling very good at this point. More at ease with myself and with the world around. Less ignorant about my own faults, more gentle towards my weaknesses and also proud about my strenghts.

I think I'm just getting better.

No comments: